The Boathouse, Silversands
The Boathouse is situated by Silversands Beach in Aberdour, approximately 30 minutes from central Edinburgh by car or train. The building is located within protected parkland, and there is extensive private car parking for our guests.
There is easy national and international access from Edinburgh (20 minutes), Dundee (60 minutes) and Glasgow (90 minutes) airports. Each airport has a taxi rank outside, alternatively if you let us know your flight details we will arrange for a dedicated driver to meet you and bring you to The Boathouse.
Aberdour has its own railway station which is on the main east coast line between Edinburgh and Dundee. The journey time from Edinburgh is approximately 20 minutes. In clear weather The Boathouse is a very pleasant 15 minute walk from the railway station, passing Aberdour Castle, St. Fillans Church and the beach.
Alternatively, Inverkeithing Station is close by – a taxi journey of approximately 10 minutes.
If you are using a satellite navigation system, enter our postcode (KY3 0TZ) to get accurate directions.
From the South – coming over the Forth Road Bridge leave the M90 at Junction 1 (beware as this is actually the second exit after the bridge). Take the third exit on the roundabout, signposted for the A921 to Inverkeithing and A985 to Dalgety Bay.
From the North – leave the M90 at Junction 1 signposted for the A921 to Inverkeithing and A985 to Dalgety Bay. Take the 1st exit from the roundabout onto the A921.
Aberdour is situated on the Fife Coastal Tourist Route, which is also clearly signposted as you leave the M90.
- Continue on the A921 (straight through four roundabouts) until you enter Aberdour.
- Drive through Aberdour until you a see a sign for Silversands Beach / Fife Cycle Path - turn right here onto Hawkcraig Road.
- Continue on Hawkcraig Road for about half a mile, passing the Primary School and the Public Park.
- At the mini roundabout in front of the last house, follow the road round to the left and follow the green signs marked "The Boathouse - Offices".
- You will now see a large car park on your right, and a yellow gate across the road straight ahead. If the gate is closed (during the summer months) tell the parking attendant you are going to The Boathouse. They will allow access.
- Follow the road down the hill towards the beach, turning sharp right at the bottom of the hill towards Hawkcraig Point. Follow the road round until you see a building on your left – this is The Boathouse.
- Park behind the building, in the car park on the ‘water’ side and then come back up the concrete steps between the trees to our main reception.
There is a 10 mph speed limit down to The Boathouse. As the road here is extensively used by pedestrians and dog walkers please watch your speed and drive appropriately for the conditions.